Add this site
- 88,977 hits
Tag Archives: SpellsImage
One of the easiest, more effective methods of working spellcraft is the use of knots. You can use just about anything from thread, yarn, to ribbons, to even ropes, and spells vary in their use and function;
Store magick- You can create knot spells to store magick evoked during full moons, or special moments, or times when you’re feeling confident and powerful. Bound into the knot, you untie to release, and use during moments when your energy might not be at its best.
Binding the negative- I think the first thin people think of with binding spells is binding another’s magick, but I don’t bother with messing with another’s magick. I bind negative things like bad habits, destructive emotions, and even worries. When casting this type of spell, you infuse each knot to work that negativity into it, and then you burn the thread. That ashes are cast into moving water away from you (Water represents emotion and temperance).
Storing amulets and magical items. Knots are also useful with adding magical beads and amulets to keep on your person. You can make things like key chains, necklaces, bracelets, etc to hold your items.
Making your own cords to wear also enhances their power.
What type of medium for knots:
Hemp Jewelry- Provides instruction on how to make two different styles for bracelets or necklaces from Hemp cord, but you can use yarn, cotton twine, ribbon, or any string. While weaving, chant or use spell prayer visualizing your wishes into each section.
Spell of Nine Knots- is a very old, useful, and practical type spell.
Witches Ladder (craft)- very useful article on how to make including tips, and a note about using certain feathers in crafts.
Cotton twine, silk ribbon, and natural yarn also works very well.
Types of knots:
I think most pagans/witches/wiccans do not get fancy with using types of knots, using the basic knot to bind or tie. However, consider learning special knots to be used with specific spell work.
Make your own rope belt- perfect to be used with dressed and robes.
You can find tons of instructions on types of knots and their uses, both practical and magical, and some are even for decorative uses. Just remember that any knot or weaving provides the magical person the opportunity to infuse with their intention and power.
My husband bought me a lovely used desk for Christmas, and built me some shelves to go with it. These are adjustable, so one shelf is now my private sacred space.
- The green sign at the back says “Life is a journey, not a destination’. I made this as a ‘doorknob spell’ but now it hands on the altar where I can write quotes and intentions on the back. Its covered in packing tape, which makes for a small dry board.
- Two star decorations. Both are gifts from friends, and add that positive energy that friendship brings.
- Two butterfly candles. The butterfly represents the spirit, and transformation of spirit. Light/fire also symbolizes transformation and change.
- Flower pot plate- very useful to add stones and a small candle. This is also a good post to add incense, and jewelry I wish to empower.
- Crystal ball- I got this decades ago from another friend. It came with a pewter dragon that my cat at the time decided it was a great idea to knock over and crack the face and leg off. I got a new base for it, and it reminds me of using vision to see clearly in Life.
- Pentacle amulet (On the back wall) was another gift from a dear friend. I love the design and the energy she brought to my life.
- My pentacle necklace (hanging on the right with the pentacle décor). Yet another gift, with the necklace part made by my husband. More fond memories and reminders of friendship and love.
If you take note, the back ‘wall’ is all corkboard. This will let me past a number of things such as photos, pictures, prayers/chants, and reminders.
I love it. Its there, in front of me, ready to be used when I need it.