Candles provide light, warmth, and even mood to ritual and meditation. Here are some tips on the topic of candles:
- Spilled wax on cloth can be tough to clean up. Use an iron, newspaper or paper towels, and soak up with heat.
- Collect the wax drippings and pieces from ritual candles to re-melt and form another candle to be used in spellcraft.
- To decorate candles, you can heat with a hair dryer or heat gun and use any stamp to make designs. This method is also useful to add leaves, beads, and even wax shapes to add pizazz to your candles.
- Not all wax burns the same. Beeswax burns hotter than other wax. While Paraffin also gives off fumes, being this type of wax comes from petroleum. Soy candles burn longer and cleaner than other candles.
- You can use spaghetti pasta to light candles that are deep in a candle holder.
- Leftover wax can also be used to make firestarters by adding sawdust, dryer lint, or pine needles.
Always remember to tend to your candles and extinguish when not in use.