Today I can hear the rumble of the snow plow through the neighborhood, see the specks of white flying around to add to the inch already out there, and no one seems keen on leaving their homes. Churches and other events are cancelled, too.
So it is with this my thoughts and heart yearn for spring, wishing for the sun’s warmth, to appearance of growing things to bud.
The First Day of Spring, also known as Ostara (Eostre), is on March 20. Mark your calendars and hope we’ll see actual spring and not more winter.
- Gather your seeds to bless for the growing season to come.
- Gather the first rains (or leftover snow) for ritual use.
- Put out seeds, suet, and other food for birds and the animals that suffered through the winter. They will be hungry and appreciate the handouts.
- Do some spring cleaning- physically and spiritually. Try a detox. Use some mediation. Clean and bless your home.
- Donate the old winter clothes/coats for those who need them for next year.
- Make candles for the rituals to come.
- Clean out your ritual items. This means it is time to clean/cleanse and re-bless them.
- Decorate eggs. Learn how to color naturally.
What traditions do you enjoy in March to celebrate the Spring Equinox? Post in comments.