Some August Activities:
Clearing out clutter. This is a great time to clean off your alter and switch to an autumn theme. This sort of activity also should include cleansing of tools, to clean physically as well as spiritually.
When cleaning out alter tools, you might want to see if items need a new home. Things I don’t use often find themselves to someone else who needs them.
Try baking something new. The act of baking, mixing, measuring, and stirring can add magic to our food.
Add sigils to pie crusts (for fruit or pot pies)
Make a bread cornucopia– A fun way to serve bread. This is the ‘horn of plenty’, a symbol of abundance and nourishment. Fill with produce, nuts, and flowers.
Offer sacrifices. Making offering can be anything from a libation poured on the ground thanking the gods, but consider these ideas;
- Volunteer to help others to honor the god/dess
- Make promises to them for a month such as being kind to others, giving money to a jar you’ll give to charity, etc.
- Burn incense in their honor with a prayer of gratitude
- Food, which was very popular in Greek/Roman times. Make the food yourself such as pastries or herb mixes, and leave out as offerings.
- Songs, dance, art- I went to a pagan festival and a woman gave a song she wrote herself as an offering. Another woman offered a lovely dance. Others left notes of promises they would keep as offerings.
If you like this post, please ‘like’ and ‘share’, and subscribe. Post questions, comments or your own ideas on offerings or how you celebrate the month of August.